Access Statement For Robertsbrook Guest House�
We are a 5 bedroom guest house, in a coastal seaside town. We are in Kings Road West; a central route into Swanage. The house was built in the 1920's, and is over 90 years old. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, the period features will make access for less able bodied guests difficult. We have no ground floor WC's or ground floor rooms, so this will make it difficult for wheelchair users and less mobile guests.�
- We are located on the main road with car parking located at the rear of the property.
- The nearest shops are approximately 100 meters away.
- The nearest bus stop is directly across the road, as is Swanage Steam Railway Station. Buses run hourly but the service is very poor in the evening.
- The nearest mainline railway station is Wareham which is 10 miles away.
- Taxis are usually available, and we can book one in advance if required.
- We do not accommodate dogs.
- Our website: www.robertsbrookguesthouse.co.uk shows comprehensive pictures of all our rooms and the facilities we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the Contact Information section of the website or this document.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Check in is from 4pm where we will be here to warmly welcome you.
- We do offer assistance with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There is a slight lip on the tiled entrance no more than 2 inches and then a step of 7 inches to enter the building.
- The front door is locked and to enter on your arrival you will have to ring the door bell. You will then be given your key enabling you to enter and leave freely.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The House is large and tall in height consisting of 2 floors plus the ground floor.
- The reception hall leads to the breakfast room.
- There are 17 stairs on the first set of stairs leading onto the first floor landing accessing the first 3 of our 5 bedrooms. To the left is the private bathroom and toilet for Room 4 which is on the second floor. Opposite the 1st set of stairs is a 4 foot walk to the second floor and another 2 bedrooms.
- We have 5 guest bedrooms; please see the section Guest Bedrooms further in this document.
- The House is centrally heated throughout and all rooms have individual thermostatically controlled radiators.
Public Areas - WC
- We have no public WC. All WCs are contained in rooms or private bathroom on the 1st floor.
- The Dining Room has wooden vinyl flooring,
- Breakfast is served in this room and we have five separate tables to service all rooms.
- We have a garden accessible from the front of the house. The front garden has a seating area for 3 people, but we can provide more seating if needed.
- 3 bedrooms are on the first floor comprising of 3 double rooms, but room 2 can also be a twin bedded room. On the second floor there are 2 family rooms, one room comprising of 1 king size bed and 1 single, the king size bed can be split into 2 singles making it a triple room this room has a private bathroom. The other room consist of a King size bed plus a double sofa bed, there is also room for a travel cot. The second floor is in the eves of the house.
- All rooms on the 1st floor are en-suite, containing a shower, WC and basin. The rooms on the second floor, one has a private bathroom and WC, bath, shower and basin which is located on the first floor and the other has an en-suite containing a shower, WC and basin.
- All bedrooms are fully carpeted and have tea and coffee making facilities, TVs, alarm clocks and hairdryers.
- All beds have duvets and are hypoallergenic as are the pillows.
- There are wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and seating areas in most rooms.
- There is an information sheet in each room containing a guest guide and guest house safety information, etc.
- There are fire extinguishers in all halls and landings as well as emergency call point on the ground, first and second floors.
- In the event of a fire the fire alarm will sound, please advise us if you have a hearing impairment as you might not hear this. In the event of power failure the emergency lighting will illuminate hall and stairs showing the way out.
- The building would be evacuated by the stairs then out to the front of the house via the front door. In an emergency there is an exit though our residence to the back of the house.
- We do not permit smoking in the house at all.
- We are happy to cater for special diets - please advise before arrival.
- Address: 35 Kings Road West. Swanage, Dorset, BH19 1HF
- Telephone: 01929 421378 �
- Telephone mobile 07812 636223
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.robertsbrookguesthouse.co.uk
- We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01929 421378 or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org